- 12 oz fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 6 oz fresh or frozen crab meat
- 4 Trig’s Smokehouse Cajun Brats
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 whole Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock, heated
- 16 oz can diced tomatoes
- 10 oz package frozen cut okra
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 pint shucked oysters, drained
- 3 cups cooked rice
Boil and Grill Smokehouse Cajun Brats, slice into bite-size pieces and set aside. Thaw shrimp and crab, if frozen. Make roux in a large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven, combine flour and oil until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir about 10 minutes more, or until roux is light brown or the same color as peanut butter.
Stir in onion, sweet red pepper, green pepper, garlic, salt, black pepper, and ground red pepper. Cook over medium heat for 3 to minutes or until vegetables are just crisp-tender, stirring often.
Gradually stir in hot chicken broth. Stir in undrained tomatoes, okra, and bay leaves. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
Stir in shrimp, crabmeat, brats and oysters. Simmer, covered, about 5 minutes more or until shrimp turn pink and oysters curl around the edges. Discard bay leaves.
Serve in bowls with rice.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins