- 2 tsp butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 4 Trig’s Smokehouse World’s Best bratwurst
- 1/2 cup beer (not dark beer)
- 4 onion hot dog or hoagie rolls, split, toasted if desired
- 3/4 cup well-drained sauerkraut (optional)
- Dusseldorf or coarse-grained mustard
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes or until onion is wilted, stirring occasionally. Add bratwurst and beer and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Uncover and continue cooking until liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until bratwurst and onion are browned, turning bratwurst and stirring onion occasionally.
Serve bratwurst in rolls and top with onion. Top with sauerkraut if desired. Serve with mustard.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins