Category: Chicken Fajitas Sausage
- 1 LB smokehouse chicken cheddar fajita Brat
- 1 10 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1 10 oz. can red enchiladas sauce
- ½ pound cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ pound shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- 4 oz. spinach frozen, thaw and squeeze dry.
- 2 TBL lime juice
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2) Remove sausage from the casing and brown in a skillet over medium heat, add the black beans, stir and set aside to cool.
3) Combine the softened cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, green onion, spinach and lime juice to make the filling.
4) Lightly spray a 9 by 13 casserole dish with non-stick spray. Ladle ¼ cup of sauce into the bottom of the casserole dish and spread evenly to coat. Next layer 6 tortilla overlapping over the sauce, sprinkle half of the sausage and bean mixture over the tortillas top with half the cheese mixture. Repeat the layers. Top final layer of cheese filling with corn tortillas and spread the remaining sauce over the top.
5) Cover tightly and bake 30 minutes until hot and bubbling, remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes to lightly brown the cheese. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.