- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 8-ounce can red kidney beans, drained
- 1-1/2 to 2 tsp chili powder
- 6 Trig’s Smokehouse Top Dogs
- 6 Hot dog buns, split and toasted
In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion, and green pepper till meat is brown. Drain fat. Stir in tomato sauce, beans, and chili powder. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan cover Top Dogs with cold water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes.
To serve, place Top Dogs in buns and top with some of the meat mixture. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion, and pickle relish, if desired.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins