Candied Maple Bacon Brussel Sprouts
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/trigssmo/public_html/wp-content/themes/TrigsSmokeHouse_v2/single-recipe.php on line 45
- 2 lbs. Brussel sprouts cleaned, and halved
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 oz. butter
- 1 TBL cider vinegar
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 oz. diced bacon
- 1 tsp salt
1) Blanch Brussel sprouts in boiling water about 4 minutes, shock in cold water and drain. Pat dry
2) Combine the maple syrup, brown sugar, butter, cayenne and cider vinegar in a small sauce pan and cook over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
3) Combine the blanched brussels sprouts with the bacon, and maple mixture, season with salt and toss to combine.
4) Place the brussels sprouts on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer and roast in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, stir and continue roasting until caramelized 10-15 more minutes.