Bacon Avocado Toast
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/trigssmo/public_html/wp-content/themes/TrigsSmokeHouse_v2/single-recipe.php on line 45
- 2 each avocado
- 2 TBL lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 slices smoke house black pepper bacon, cooked
- 3 Plum tomatoes sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 TBL sugar
- ½ TBSP salt
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 8 oz. Queso Fresco sliced
- 1 Loaf Ciabatta bread, sliced on a bias and lightly toasted.
1) Combine the red onion, sugar, vinegar and ½ TBL of salt allow to marinate for a minimum of one hour to pickle the onions.
2) Mash the avocado with remaining tsp of salt and lemon juice.
3) To assemble spread 1 ½ TBL of the mashed avocado over the toast, top each with 1 oz. of the sliced cheese, 2 slices of tomato, 1 strip of the cooked bacon roughly chopped, and 1 TBL of the pickled onions. Serve as a light lunch, appetizer or snack.